Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO’s) are physicians who are trained to provide a high-touch approach to a high-tech medical care. Their goal is the restoration of the body’s structural-functional integrity.
“The Osteopath should find health. To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.”—AT Still, DO
A video introduction to Osteopathic Medicine and the Foundation
Northwest Osteopathic Medical Foundation is a public charity serving the people of the Northwest by providing resources for programs to improve the health of the community and to promote a greater understanding of the distinctive aspects of the osteopathic medical profession.
Programs of the Foundation
- Supporting forums that expose and inform pre-med undergraduate students about Osteopathic Medicine.
- Providing medical school scholarships to students from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington who plan to return to the Northwest to practice medicine.
- Provide osteopathic programs, social events and local DO support to osteopathic medical residents in the Northwest.
- Provide technical and financial support to the Alaska Osteopathic Medical Association (AKOMA), Idaho Osteopathic Physicians Association (IOPA), Montana Osteopathic Medical Association (MOMA), Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon (OPSO) and Washington Osteopathic Medical Association (WOMA).
- Provide assistance to medical students and residents in identifying affordable and available short term and long term housing in the Northwest.
- Hold an annual Founders Gala and Awards Event to honor DO’s in front of their peers and medical students for their achievements in medicine and public service.
- Provide a “family” for osteopathic medical students, resident and DO’s who need help and support in times of need.