Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DOs) are physicians who are trained to provide a high-touch approach to a high-tech medical care. Their goal is the restoration of the body’s structural-functional integrity.
“The Osteopath should find health. To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.”—AT Still, DO
A video introduction to Osteopathic Medicine and the Foundation
Northwest Osteopathic Medical Foundation is a public charity serving the people of the Northwest by providing resources for programs to improve the health of the community and to promote a greater understanding of the distinctive aspects of the osteopathic medical profession.
Programs of the Foundation
- Providing medical school scholarships to students from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington who plan to return to the Northwest to practice primary care medicine.
- Provide osteopathic programs, social events and local DO support to osteopathic medical residents in the Northwest.
- Hold an annual Founders Gala and Awards Event to honor DOs in front of their peers and medical students for their achievements in medicine and public service.
- Maintain a DOs Helping DOs fund to help students, residents, physicians and their significant others who need help and support in times of need.
- Provide technical and financial support to the Alaska Osteopathic Medical Association (AKOMA), Idaho Osteopathic Physicians Association (IOPA), Montana Osteopathic Medical Association (MOMA), Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon (OPSO) and Washington Osteopathic Medical Association (WOMA).