Foundation Mission – Advancing Wellness through the Osteopathic Approach
How Does The Foundation Impact The Community?
We Serve the Public Through Awareness on the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness
We Serve Physicians Through Education That Supports the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness.
We Advance the Principles of Osteopathic Medicine as the Best Way to Achieve Wellness
What Are The Foundations Priorities?
- Provide Online and Community Awareness Programs Highlighting the Benefits of an Osteopathic Approach to Health and Wellness
- Provide Support to the Education of Osteopathic Physicians through Tuition Scholarships, Residency Assistance and Continuing Medical Education Support
- Provide Recognition to Osteopathic Physicians that Give Outstanding Service to the Community and Osteopathic Profession
- To Expand our Programs through Sustaining Members, Strategic Partnerships, and Direct Support of Our Programs
- Be A Recognized Leader in Nonprofit Circles for the Quality of our Board of Directors, Programs and Communications
Osteopathic Approach – Principles of Osteopathic Medicine
- The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
- Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.
“The Osteopath should find health. To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.”—AT Still, DO Founder of Osteopathic Medicine
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DOs) help patients develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness, but also help prevent disease. Millions of Americans prefer this compassionate and comprehensive care and have made DOs their physicians for life!