Foundation Mission – Advancing Wellness through the Osteopathic Approach
How Does The Foundation Impact The Community?
We Serve the Public Through Awareness on the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness
We Serve Physicians Through Education That Supports the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness.
We Advocate for the Principles of Osteopathic Medicine as the Best Way to Achieve Wellness
What Are The Foundations Priorities?
- Provide and support public awareness on the osteopathic approach to wellness, community service and health policy.
- Provide support to the education of osteopathic physicians through tuition scholarships, residency assistance, and continuing medical education sponsorships.
- Provide recognition to osteopathic physicians that give outstanding service to the community and the osteopathic profession.
- A commitment to expanding our impact through growing our endowment, sponsored partnerships, and direct fundraising for specific programs.
- We strive to be a recognized leader in the not-for-profit community for the quality of our Board of Directors, programs, and communications.
Osteopathic Approach – Principles of Osteopathic Medicine
- The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
- Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.
“The Osteopath should find health. To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.”—AT Still, DO Founder of Osteopathic Medicine
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DOs) help patients develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness, but also help prevent disease. Millions of Americans prefer this compassionate and comprehensive care and have made DOs their physicians for life!