Foundation Mission – Advancing Wellness through the Osteopathic Approach
How Does The Foundation Impact The Community?
We Serve the Public Through Awareness on the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness
We Serve Physicians Through Education That Supports the Osteopathic Approach to Wellness.
We Advance the Principles of Osteopathic Medicine as the Best Way to Achieve Wellness
What Are The Foundations Priorities?
* Promote Opportunities for Underserved Communities to Recruit Physicians
* Increase Opportunities for the Public to Explore Wellness with Osteopathic Physicians
* Increase Our Use Of Social Media As A Tool To Advocate for the Osteopathic Approach To Wellness
* Improve Partnerships Across The Region To Maximize Use Of Wellness Resources
* Collect and Share Best Practices To Improve Wellness
* Create More Linkage Between Physicians, Medical Schools, Residency Program and The Public They Serve
* Continue to Support Ongoing Education for Physicians Serving Rural and Underserved Areas
* Continue to Support Ongoing Education for Physicians on the Principles of Osteopathic Medicine
* Provide Scholarship and Debt Relief To Increase Diversity In The Medical Profession and Commitment to Rural and Underserved Areas in the Northwest
Osteopathic Approach – Principles of Osteopathic Medicine
- The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
- Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.
“The Osteopath should find health. To find health should be the object of the doctor. Anyone can find disease.”—AT Still, DO Founder of Osteopathic Medicine
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DOs) help patients develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness, but also help prevent disease. Millions of Americans prefer this compassionate and comprehensive care and have made DOs their physicians for life!